U Haul

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several Uhaul businesses across the country that will. Sometimes the common sense of a Uhaul business "owner" works in ST owners favor.

Debadge and go back in a couple of months later...leave the Sport Trac on it just remove the name Explorer. They have no clue and will accomadate you.

Pretty ignorant on Corporate Uhaul to go by "just a name" to discriminate. The key word here is "discriminate" because that is exactly what Corporate Uhaul is doing to Explorer owners and have for years. They need to spend more money and time upgrading their equiptment, than to carry on a grudge. ;)

Gypsy~me~,

Are there any alignment holes under the word "EXPLORER" ? I sprayed it with WD-40 and using a small thin piece of plastic have most of it loose. Just wondered it there would be holes in the tailgate, when I remove it?

Thanks,

OldGuy

When you examine total Ford Explorer production over the years it has to amount to more than several million vehicles of one form or another. To thumb your nose at that large of consumers group tells me that your business sense is less than good. Their internal management style emulates Dr. Laurence J. Peter's principle, ""In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence". That happens a lot in family owned businesses! The apple doesnt fall very far from the tree! I'm retired, but I would love to work for them as a management consultant! It appears that one would require a big saw to prune their family tree!

OldGuy :)

What's worse, they'll rent to Mercury Mountaineers, which are more identical than Sport Tracs.

Funny you mention it Larry, I saw the very thing last night and thought of posting about it.

Thanks SeattleSportTrac, the EXPLORER badging is now gone... after polishing the area you can't tell it was ever there! My NM vehicle registration lists it as a Ford passenger car without using the word EXPLORER, the door stickers say its a pickup truck, only my insurance company "Proof of Financial Responsibility" shows the word EXPLORER. Maybe I should go the salvage yard and get an F-150 badge!

We'll see what the future holds!

OldGuy

Just saw your post Oldguy, ;) Bug b gone, nail polish remover, mineral spirit all work on it :)

and congrats! You just customized your Trac. Remember if you back go to rent..if they ask you have a Sport trac, if they question it... just say... Go look on the tail gate it says what it is. ;) If you put the f150 badge on. that will turn some heads! :lol:

I have a nascar chrome look badge on my gate, I'm sure you've seen them around at the part stores. A while back, I was at a station pumping gas, and I over heard a couple talking about my truck. He said to her, "Look Honey, that is the Nascar addition Sport Trac" she was in awe (must have been a nascar fan) I just smiled...didn't have the heart to tell them any different.

PS: the moral here is if it is on the tail gate or not..."they" will believe it. After all everybody knows tail gates don't lie! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet SST, not much longer and I'll be in Pa:) We like the idea of getting married in Florida in 2008 no exact date yet.

Hey... as of this afternoon I own a Ford... the name Explorer and Sport Trac are gone and you can't tell they were ever there... Now I need a Ranger name plate, afterall it's built on a Ranger chassis!

Thanks again guys!

OldGuy :rolleyes:

Latest posts