Undercoat an 04???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick T 2

Reaction score
I just bought an 04 ST 4x4 and will be travelling to the far north of British Columbia. Up where on gravel roads they put down calcium for dust control. When it gets wet it covers everything in this black slime. The ST is not undercoated. After 27000 Km is it too late to undercoat it? Doesn't seem to be too much rust unerneath. I am worried I would trap any minor corrosion and make it worse over time. Anyone done their own undercoating or can suggest products? This was my old PF on last years trip.[Broken External Image]:

I would not undercoat it. If anything, find used oil of some form and simply spay the frame work down. When ever we changed the oil in our loaders at work we saved it to spray down the frames of our tow trucks. Any oil works and does a very good job of it. Plus, it will not trap or seal in the stuff already on the frame.

I would get it undercoated IF it's pretty clean and not rusty underneath already. I had my '05 undercoated.