Undercover Tonneau Installation Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Coffing

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a 2003 Sport Trac.

I noticed several threads where people have installed the Undercover Tonneau on thier Sport Trac. I just ordered one. I looked at the installation instructions on their website http://www.undercoverinfo.com/install_guide.html and I am not sure how to install the brackets. Do I need to cut something out of the side walls to have access to the bed lip? If someone has photos of thier installation or any suggestions for me I would sure appreciate it.

I also ordered a Westin Bed X-tender... Does anyone know if it is compatible with the Undercover so that I can flip the extender freely and it doesn't interfer with the Undercover brackets?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both the undercover tonneau cover and the westin bed x-tender and they work great I have had no trouble with them. You do not need to cut anything or drill anything it goes in the holes that are there. I took a couple pictures of mine so you can see it for your self. If you have any more questions e-mail me and I help you out....[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie! Wow thanks for the photos it really does help. Is the same true for up front where the hinge bracket goes? ...no need to change anything?

I just installed the Westin Bed X-Tender yesterday and it went well except for one minor problem. When I installed the pivot brackets on the bed it required three holes to be drilled. Well the lower hole happen to overlap the large existing hole in the truck bed so I could only anchor the bracket with the two top mounting holes. It looks to me from your photo that you have a different pivot braket than the one I got.

I guess I didn't think about the year sorry.... This is a 2004 and like I said I did no drilling or cuting.. Thats where my brackets are at on my st. If you want more pics I can take more if that will help you......:)

Latest posts