Up-state N.Y. meet?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a Great LI meet last year, We are looking for another place maybe ct or upstate..

Will see when planning time comes around..

Todd Z

Sweet Geoff, you are in Adams, NY. Exit 41 off of 81? I too am in Syracuse. Actually North of the Cuse in Cicero. im in if we get an upstate meet goin

I get back from Over seas in a couple of weeks, I do contract work over here and my contract is up then. I am not from Up-State I just moved there last year from Vegas. So if anyone knows a good spot somewhere up in the area, lets try to start something up.

You must have passed that exit a few time huh? fmarano

Yeah Geoff, I drive a tractor trailer for Fedex and our station in Watertown is off of exit 46. I have also delivered a few times to Fucillo....ITS HUGE! lol

How about St. Patrick's Day weekend in March, like I said before I don't really know the area up there. fmarano do you know any good places up that way? You drive that way alot.

I just talked to my brother and i am going to drive down to Nashville and see him when i get back, that should be a good drive. Just can't wait to drive my own vehicle again. I will do some "exploring" when I get back and see if I can find some cool places to meet up around that area of N.Y.

I live near Pittsburgh but my ex-wife and kids live in Watertown. I'm up that way a lot, so I could make a meet depending on when it is.

Hey guys, I'm game for a meet too. I'm over in Cato. There are plenty of places we could meet. Just to throw out an idea to everyone. My family owns a campground in Mexico, NY just off 81. Plenty of things for the entire family to do.

Mike

Mike, Mexico would be good. It's kinda in the middle of Ontario and Syracuse. Lots of green stuff, like trees,grass etc... that I don't see here in the Middle East.

BTW, what self-respecting NYer spells upstate with a hyphen? ;-)

And anyone have a good definition of upstate? I know mine, and it is pretty common (everything above and including Orange county), but I had a bunch of folks from NYC claim that Westchester CO was upstate.

NY! One of the most misunderstood states in the union. Many people hear that you live their and assume you either live in or near NYC or hang out there a lot. And, they figure you must be some urban, yuppie elitist, when the truth is that if you go to most areas of central and upstate NY you encounter poverty and joblessness the likes of which is only equalled in the deep South.

Agh, this all makes me nostalgic.

I need some Dinosaur BBQ or a Nick Tahoe's Garbage Plate!

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
And anyone have a good definition of upstate? I know mine, and it is pretty common (everything above and including Orange county), but I had a bunch of folks from NYC claim that Westchester CO was upstate.

As far as I can tell, upstate is everything but NYC and the nearby suburbs.

Yeah, JohnnyO, that's a common definition, and pretty much what I said (Orange county has become a burb of NYC, believe it or not, and is considered upstate by some and downstate by most that live near there).

Wikipedia says everything above Westchester and Rockland Counties is upstate, and they include a color coded map; but then in another statement describes the debate as to exactly where the upstate/downstate line exists.

Regardless your definition, upstate is a BIG place:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts