Up-state N.Y. meet?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>> 'm not from Upstate N.Y. TJR sorry about the - .I'm just going to stay there until I figure out where I want to live.

That makes me smile..."stay there until I figure out where I want to live"

I lived 32 years in NY state and still miss it at times, but mostly I don't miss much about it at all.

OK, let me figure this out... My Long Island meet did not have this much intrest... HMM..

This a conspiracy or something....:angry::angry:

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR - if you want that 'Plate' you need to go before 9pm, I have heard they close early these days. None the less you can stay in the 'burbs and get a plate from all the knockoffs that cropped up. Webster alone has Empire Hots & Bay Hots and even Charlie's serves a plate now. I did get Nick's autograph years ago while on a bender for my birthday.

I believe somewhere there is a line that defines Western NY but I have never heard the term Eastern NY. Until I went to college at Oswego and met a bunch of NYC and LIers I thought I was from upstate but they believe that to be Westchest-ah not Roch-cha-cha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Life long NYC guy here. I don't consider Westchester to be upstate. The other side of the river I do consider to be upstate but just because its north of the city and you hve to go over the triboro and teh tapanzee to get there. Westchester is only the whitestone bridge so I guess it does not seem too far.

Travis said:
Until I went to college at Oswego and met a bunch of NYC and LIers I thought I was from upstate but they believe that to be Westchest-ah not Roch-cha-cha.

Growing up in "central" NY and going to school in Rochester (RIT), I saw the same thing. People from NYC and Long-guy-lind kept calling me an upstate guy, though I thought upstate was Watertown.

Could also go for a Tom Wahl's Burger and Root Beer, or some "Country Sweet" chicken or ribs...or maybe Sal's birdland wings...oh, wait, Elmwood Inn wings!

Oh, am I hungry!

TJR

So did the upstate/downstate/ NNJ/CT meet idea just fizzle out? How about a mid-state meet? Can someone tell me where the middle of NY is and we'll have a meet there!:D

Latest posts