Update: Never compalin about your 116k miles ST - damage photos.. lol

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan DiMassa 2

Reaction score
This is why I don't complain to often.. it can always get worse.. haha

Soo.. I was on here ranting just a few days ago saying how bad my luck was now that my ST hit 116+k miles.. things that broke and asking if I should fix her up

So I was taken out by the God of Trac's, this morning.

While getting on the highway in a very bad Thunder/Lightening down pour.. my ST with, reasonably good tires, decided to spin backwards through 3 lanes, the median (taking out a post for speed limit sign - but sign still up and undamaged) and ended up in oncoming traffic's fast lane. No one hurt only my truck.. ( + my underpants) :blink:

I again, am begging for advice on this one.

Not to be late for my 8:30 work appt, I threw her in 4x4, beasted the swampy saturated median (which kept me from rolling in my $.02) and got back on highway to finish my commute.

No cops, No one hurt, no tickets.. etc

So again:

I have full coverage, and a small list of previous small costly repairs (see link to last post)

What got taken out this morning:

One center cap (Buy Where?)

Taillight (just bought on eBay)

Bumper's "Stomp pad" - think I can salvage bumper cover (Buy where?)

Tailgate - possibly (cant open to inspect yet)

Pice de rsistance and most expensive:

Rear quarter panel :angry:

Options:

Fix it out of pocket with, ebay parts and suck up to few body shop guys to make it "ok"

Will my insurance cover this?

- How bad do you think my rates will go up, for first accident in 10 years. Geico

-If insurance is paying for it, will they fix other body/cosmetic problems at same time?

Find a dealer with a used ST and see how many rolls of nickels I can get for trade in?

Invest in a brick/ duct tape and find rickety bridge? lol

When it "rains" it "pours", :blink:

Luckiest Man Alive (Driving home, Im expecting tranny to seize) lol

Thanks for any advice!!

[Broken External Image]:

Your insurance will cover it. It doesn't look that bad (regarding quarter panel). You can talk to your insurance, and yes, your rate will go up.

As for the parts, you will find sources throughout this site that can help. I would do this stuff myself, as it really isn't that bad. But I am no expert.

Doesn't appear to be all that bad. May not even exceed your deductible so I wouldn't report it to the insurance company.

I know what you mean about all the problems. Had a 97 Expedition that was absolutely perfect the first 100k but cost me an arm and a leg to keep it running after that. Thank god I'm finally rid of it.

I believe Geico has an accident forgiveness program. If you haven't had an accident in X number of years they'll not hold it against you. Good luck and glad you're okay and safe. Tim

Not to add to the list but, were you always missing the Ford emblem on the tailgate?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Geico has an accident forgiveness program. If you haven't had an accident in X number of years they'll not hold it against you. Good luck and glad you're okay and safe. Tim

Thanks so much guys!

I got to check the forum out for the "stomp pad" (lack of better term) and center cap..

If you guys have any collecting dust let me know.

So million dollar question, if my ins will cover the damage (even though I could prob' handle myself and already bought the tail light)

Can I say body shop/ins "fix this and the window that got knocked out of track from the impact, the AC that got jolted and wont work, and slap on an extra key on one bill" lol

Note: I did get in a, not my fault - doofus driver, accident in January and not sure if these are residuals from it or not.

besides the key, this could be from the accident and if my rates are going up - screw them thats what I pay them for - and see what they pay for and what they dont?

ex. Lets pretend Bob has full coverage and gets keyed on the left side, then 6 months later he hits a deer. If Bob has "FULL" coverage shouldnt the ins cover the FULL body? or only one case per side..

Please, let me know if thats a no-no. I dont see why it would be, but am a young grasshopper and not sure..

Thanks x 2!

:cool::cool:

Dan, did this happen on the GSP? That was some nasty rain, thunder and lightening this morning. You're pretty lucky there buddy. It could have been worse. You may have to file a police report in order for the insurance to pay here in Jersey. But personally, I would hit them with everything that needs fixing! Just tell them it all worked before the accident. And yes your rates will go up, but not that much. Good Luck, Bob

I believe you're looking for a '01 "sparkle" wheel cap

Wheels - Covers and trim - Wheel cap - Type 2

You can get them for about $20 each from the dealer or http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/

Center cap

...and if you can't come up with a "Stomp pad" I may be able to. I'll have to make sure I won't need it first though. Ford base number on it is 17B807, may help in your search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Step pads are $17.33 from http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/ . Can't beat that!

The Type 2 "Sparkle" cap is $32.56 from them. Geez, couldn't they call them SOMETHING different................:unsure: