Update on Under drive pulley !!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well Got a chance to take a nice long drive out to the east end of LI last night. All I can say is wow !!!! :wub: :cool: The top end from the truck is MUCH more noticeable, The truck is actually quieter mechanically, way less engine noise at idle. I had the stereo blasting, ( just under 800W in amps) most of the ride. I did not notice any dimming of the lights, No weird noises.

At the top end of the engine rpms, the truck is quieter under the hood, the shifts are closer together which means to me that it is reving out faster, thus going faster. You do feel a little at the bottom end, But the weight of my truck limits what any one with a 2wd or much lighter truck would feel !!!! :D

I would definitely recommend this as mod to add to the lists for those modding for performance reasons... :cool:

And I am sure rich will have time soon to post the project...

Thanks

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd should be mailing me his pulley before the end of February when I go to the dyno so I can get some numbers...right Todd...

Jeff,

Nope, I am not taking that sucker off... I offered it up before I installed, No one took the bite...

Chris,

Drive here to long Island and I will gladly put it on for you one Saturday or Sunday.... It should be a 2 hour drive or so for you.... It will take about 2 hours to install.... You pick up the meals and bar tab !!!!

Larry, No tuning of any kind is needed...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd,

Any plans on getting some ojective data on how much rear wheel HP was actually freed up by the UDP?

I don't doubt your seat of the pants performance reports but dyno results would be even better. Thanks,

Fkent, My past dyno Put me a 228 at the rear wheels so far. I have a Base line.. I may do some other stuff before paying the dyno fees again.. ( Unless everyone wants to chip in and pay for it) That crap is expensive here.. $200.00 bucks for 3 pulls.. Bastards, In PA I only paied $35 bucks !!!.....

Eldon, On the left side of the screen Click on Resources, then on Group buys. All the info is there.. I know Wayne has a great price because that INCLUDES shipping !!!...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]: