Updated Truth about trucks for 2006.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
I knew there was a new Truth about trucks out, I see it is now on the Ford website. Very interesting.

Check it out.

Tom

I just want to add that I love how the dude is talking or "narrating" the whole thing WHILE driving... constanting looking at the camera instead of the road... great lesson for smart driving..

JE

Check out the proving grounds. look at the frame and bed.

The Nissan and Toyota had the fuel door pop open.:lol:

Tom

Iam sold on that! I want to get a new f150 but I think Ill wait for the 6speed trans to come out like in the new "07" Expedition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see how the Sport Trac did with standard shocks. I bet they'll never show that video!

Note that the video is called... "The Truth About Trucks", not the Truth about SUVs.

Tom

and it is sponsored by "Ford" who makes the F-150 which is so praised in that video. :p

I like the F-150, but I think that no matter what, the F150 would win, or FORD wouldn't put it into their "truth about trucks" video. Plus, if Nissan made a similar video, it would be much different.

Ford should be political party, they would definitely have the propaganda part down perfect! :D

On the road test demo (Silver Creek showdown) The Silverado looked like its whole ass was gonna shake to pieces (no suprise).I know the tests are loaded cuz it's Ford's test but MAN Chevy makes a lame $h!^^y truck!:lol:

The Toyota was by far the worst.

I would like to see Toyota do a test like that. I doubt they would though. They would hate to have to say we ride the best because we are the smallest. LOL

Tom

Just wait another year. The new 08? Toyota Tundra will be out and will be a competitor. It is bigger then the current F150 Screw.

Yup, so am I. I will be looking forward to seeing if they are going to be real competition (strength, towing, etc.) The number right now are looking good, but I won't be able to determine ride etc. till it comes out.

I almost forgot we were in the battle of biggest...

But then again, the whole argument of "who's bigger" is kinda irrelevant to quality or durability... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I would give the test more credit if it was done by an independant tester. I just dont know if I can trust Ford to give all the facts.

And as some one above said I would like to see the Sport Trac on stock shocks run that test.

I would give the test more credit if it was done by an independant tester. I just dont know if I can trust Ford to give all the facts.

I agree. Though the testing they show is biased towards Ford. I do think Ford, GM, Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota need to defent the findings and give thier witness to the truth.

Tom

Cool videos. It's a good start for Ford. I agree the consumers need to see this from an independant source (If there is such a thing). In the meantime, they need to do as much of this as possible and spread the word and get people thinking that just maybe US cars are now competitive. Making their products better than the Toyotas, Hondas, etc, and demonstrating that to the consumers in a credible and believeable fashion is key to Ford's (and Chevy's) future. Whether it's perception or reality, the fact is the majority of people "believe" that Japanese cars are better. That then effects how they deal with minor issues, resale values, etc. I would really like to see the Ridgeline and '07 ST put through the paces.

PRM said,

resale values

It has been proven the name alone kills the resale value of a car. A Toyota Matrix and the Pontiac Vibe are exact clones of each other. The Toyota has better resale value.

Same car, same reliability. Same engine, same tranny. Same car. The Toyota has higher resale value.

The name, not the quality, gives you higher resale value. People are so brainwashed to think just because it says Toyota, it is worth more, will last longer, gets better gas mileage, etc.

Talk about sad.

Tom

Uh.....the new Toyota is just catching up to the current F150 truck...and will not hold a candle to what's comin up REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLL soon. (read: for trailing edgers, not "early adopters").

Take THAT to the bank.

R - hopefully, because come Feb 2008 my lease on my F150 will be up and it will between another Screw or the new improved Yota. That diesel that is rumoured to be appearing in the F150 would sway me.

Latest posts