upper radiator hose

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Doogle

Reaction score
I just found the infamous hole in my '01 upper radiator hose caused by the AC coupling that apparently everyone else has already experienced. My problem is that the computer systems at AutoZone and Advance Auto show incorrect hoses. I've seen the post for the Gates25487 but I don't think these guys carry that brand. Does anyone know a part number for the upper hose on an '01 built in 05/01 that AutoZone or AdvanceAuto may carry. Is there another year/model hose that fits mine that they can cross reference?

I found the hole when I noticed that the upper hose was flat when the engine was cold. After driving for 10 minutes the hose was full and I could see the leak. Based on similar posts my guess would be that the leak has caused a low fluid level which leads to the flattening. Does this sound legit? My plan is to replace both hoses (if I can find the upper) and the thermostat.

Did you already try getting a hose? Your engine is the 4.0L SOHC engine. They should have it in stock.

When I replaced the hoses, I used Motorcraft hoses.

Tom

Yes, I've already been to both places today. Both times they handed me an almost straight hose about 14" long. The one on the truck is almost U-shaped and alot longer.

Get it replaced for free under the TSB. I got my hose replaced with the new part number and got a free cooling system flush and new coolant all for free from my dealer.