Vacuum Elbow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve C 3

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this web site but I felt that I needed to say Thank You to everyone who has posted with information on here. You have really helped me out. I got the check engine light the other day and I searched on here for help and I found out about the famous vacuum elbow leak. I checked mine and sure enough mine had a long split in it.

I picked up the replacement part at the local Ford dealer today and now she runs like a charm. If it helps anyone else on here the part number I got today was 4L5Z6758HA. It came as an assembly consisting of the hose. a long plastic L shaped tube with another rubber connector on the other end. I paid $32.29 at the dealer which i'm sure was to much, but It was quicker and gives me more piece of mind than searching the auto parts store for something that will work.

Thanks for all the information on here and please keep posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad this site was helpfull.....

Todd Z

I just checked, I could get that part to people for about 25 bucks shipped....

Todd Z

Hey, Todd Z, I want more info on that that hose/assembly thingy. I replaced the short elbow hose, but found that it still seeps air, probably b/c it has no clips or hose clamps to hold it on. I find myself having to occassionally gently push it back on so that it closes out the air seepage. Would it be the complete assembly that Enigmai is alluding to? If so, would you let me know what it takes to get it shipped to me. Thanks!

I sent email to your address in your profile..

Todd Z