vacuum gauge

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex dougherty

Reaction score
i bought a vacuum gauge from another member on this site a while back and forgot how to install it. any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Which part of the install do you need help with? Mounting in the dash? Electrical (lighting)? Routing the vacuum line? Source for the vacuum? All of the above?

Hi Alex, you can route the vacuum line to the vacuum tee on the drivers side of the intake manifold, that's how I had it installed on my truck. you may need to buy some extra fittings/tee's from an auto parts store to plumb it all in. you should see some other small diameter lines that go to the passenger side for the HVAC controls. you can either tie directly into a spare port right at the manifold, or cut and tee into another similar sized vac line.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of how I had it installed...

Gavin,

I need help with the electrical and hooking it up. Unfortunately im leaving tomorrow morning for 3 weeks in germany:supercool: but when i get back ill hook it up.

Mike,

when i bought the gauge it came with the steering column holder with some line, the previous owner said he was able to hook it up with that amount of line (about 3 feet) but i forgot where he said he hooked it up too.

Mike- It was! I remember now! I forgot where you said to hook it up to :banghead: it's just been sitting there for six months, I want to finally get it working

Latest posts