Vacuum Leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find them very annoying. :lol:

I think it has to do with waving a propane torch, but that's a potentially explosive situation I'm not sure about so...

BUMP.

John, title a query to Todd Z. He gave me a scenario a little while back that involved finding vaccuum leaks, but I put the copy away somewhere. It did involve something like a propane torch(?) (don't light the torch though!) and/or some type of carb/injector cleaner to test for leakage. it was not sent to this site, just to my e-mail. He is busy in Cally doing some testing/driving of the new 07 Sport Trac for Ford reps and may read your plea for help. He is very knowledgable of a lot of ST stuff. Give him a shout!

Raw propane works well as well as most any kind of spray for that matter.

If you have a propane torch you open the valve (DO NOT LIGHT THE TORCH) and slowly move it around the vacuum lines and intake gaskets. If the engine takes off or stumbles your in the right area.

The spray methods works the same way. When you spry it temporally seals the leak and the engine changes RPM's...