valve body swap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik singh

Reaction score
I HAVE A 2001 ST 2WD AND I BEEN HAVING SOME PROBALEM WITH THE TRANSMISSION NOT SHIFT PROPERLY. I AM GETING A NEW VALVE BODY FOR THE TREANSMISSION WITH SILINIODS OUT OF A 2005 ST 4 WHD...DOES ANYONE IF THIS WILL WORK..?WOULD DO ANY HARM?

As far as I know it should. They are still using the same "reliable" tranny in all models so far. I can't see them changing it to much since it's been "such a great transmission". So, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say yes it should work.;)

VIK,

You might want to see if there are differences between the 2001 and 2005 valvebodies. While all Sport Tracs have the same basic transmission design, there are differences in each model year and I suspect that the there have been modifications to the valvebody since the 2-3 shift flare is more common to the earlier models. So it may be difficult to find out all the modifications Ford made, but if it is compatible, then it's probably worth trying.

...Rich

Thanks guys for your feed back...am gona to the swap this weekend and i'll let your guys know how it went...?

one more question..is the valve body easily removable on the ST..?