Valve Cover Gaskets

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
2008 4.0 SOHC Sport Trac. Driver's side valve cover gasket is leaking. It looks like I have to take off the top of the intake manifold to get to it, which at my skill level I think I can do. I have not had to change valve cover gaskets in decades. Do I need to use gasket sealant or do they just go on plain with nothing else? Rock Auto lists about 6 different gaskets from $6 to $14 a pair. Is there any one that is the better kind to get? Thanks in advance.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...0l+v6,1441678,engine,valve+cover+gasket,10710

GOOGLE and you tube… YES the intake has to come off..... DO BOTH SIDES !!!! they are just a rubber o ring basically..... Get a felpro kit.... or motorcraft….

You will need intake gaskets too now, same thing, o ring style....

The hardest part is the dam EGR, its a pain and can freeze on there or be a pain to get to..... The 03 and up 4 door EX and the 8-10 ex is the SAME as the sport trac…

I highly suggest the videos or buy a real FORD OEM manual...

I highly suggest the videos or buy a real FORD OEM manual...
Thanks. After watching the videos I'm having second thoughts. At the very least it's going to have to wait until the weather warms up. It looks like an all-day job for me, maybe two, and that's if I don't break something and have to have it towed to the shop.

Latest posts