very expensive pcv valve

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2001 job 1 4X4 with 120,000 miles on it was going to change the pcv valve my trac has the misfortune of needing a EV-147 pcv which was somewhat hard to find, however the dealership did have one but the top part for the vacum lines was not the same. they recommended to use the old one and here is the problem and the money hit. mine was cracked, so backed to ford I go. I was told by the parts manger that you had to order the whole assembley hose and all to get the top section total cost 52.00. no thanks, once again someone at ford has lost there mind. Off to the junk yard I go.:angry:

I get the job 2 hoses for about 20 bucks and the pcv for about 15 or so...

Check Fast parts network (Torrie) site sponsor, he may be able to get you your JOB 1 stuff new and cheaper..

I would NEVER use junk yard rubber pieces and a junk yard pcv valve..

Todd Z

I agree with Todd, Don't buy used PVC valves and used hoses, especially not at a junk yard!

...Rich

I got the pcv valve already and the hoses are fine, the piece im missing and nobody seems to have, because i've check with several parts places is a small plastic y connector that goes on top of the pcv valve that the vacuum hose attaches to. If anybody knows were I can find it without having to buy the hoses and all from ford I would really be happy, if not the choices is from a wreck or make a connector myself.

Latest posts