VHT Night Shade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Reed 2

Reaction score
Has anybody ever used this stuff? just wondering, im going to pick me up a few cans to paint all my lights black to match the Trac. I know that link is for an F-150, but ive seen a bunch of pics of all different types of cars and trucks.

We've been using it for a few years. It works well. Pretty good write-up also. I would definitely clear after you get the number of coats and darkness the way you want.

Works great, used it on mine. If you do it, spray some acrylic enamel over it (about 5-10 thin coats) after you've let the nite-shade dry. Then sand with 2000 grit ultra fine sandpaper and then buff w/ a polishing compound. This will make them shiny like glass, because without this they are dull. Very dull. Lol, email me if u have any questions!

I just completed my VHT Mod lasst week when I did the new 22" Wheels. More pics in my library.

BEFORE:

[Broken External Image]:

AFTER:

[Broken External Image]:

Cant buy it anywhere in my state as it is high VOC stuff, you can order it from summit racing but they also charge some hazmat charge that is off the wall.

It is a special order. I have a friend that works at advance and they ordered a few cans once. You even have to punch in some special order code when ringing it up. BTW reaper, they had it in the back, not on display... ? lol

I don't know how much it is going for anywhere else, but I just received my Barnett Performance catalog and they have it for $11.98 a can. Part number for them is VHT999.

Barnett Performance

425 Memorial Dr

Atlanta, GA

I don't know if that is good or not for some, but it's better than I found at most places.

With one can of Niteshades I painted my 4 Turn Signals, Tailights on my GSXR750 & did the Sport-trac Tails. I only used 3 coats since I did not wnat it too dark. Afterwards I sprayed 3 coats of Clear on it then wet sanded with 2000 grit paper!

SPECIAL NOTE!!!! After sanding with the 2000 grit you will be dissapointed to know that it scratches and dulls the tailight. AFTER WARDS YOU NEED to put something like Mequires Paint Polish on it and buff it to a nice glassy shine!

hm... ill try looking for it at advance through our catalogs and stuff...

thanks for that part number lol vht999

should make it easier.

I was on the Mustang forum and some guy actually painted the inside of the tail lens and it looked factory from the outside, no need to apply clear. He sprayed it through the blub holes? I know I've seen it somewhere that you can heat the lens, loosen the glue and separate the back off?

Latest posts