Vibration

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Vance

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4 that has 70,000 miles on it. It is a great truck except I seem to have a slight vibration at times when I start to pull out from a stop sign or start to go. It only happens as I start to go and does not happen when driving at speeds. Any suggestions as to what it might be? I have checked the wheel lugs. It has almost new Cooper tires on it. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

I had a vibration in my 04 ST. Has about 84000 on it now. My vibration turned out to be the gears in the rear end because the pumpkin seal broke and was slowly leaking fluid. The vibration I experienced was similar to yours and sounded somewhat metallic.

Dan

Was also going to say the rear diff... especially if it has the 4:10 gears....

Change the fluid first and add 2 bottles of the friction modifier..... IT also uses synthetic fluid..

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information. I will try changing the fluid. Is there a problem with the 4:10 gears? Any recommendations on changes I might make to make it better?