Vibration

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Cat

Reaction score
I recently got new 33X12.5X15 BFG All Terrain tires. There is a vibration that i get on the highway around 55-60 mph. It only occurs around 55-60 if i go slower it stops and if i go faster than that it pretty much stops. My Trac starts to shake pretty good and it looks like my bed is going to bounce off and my steering wheel vibrates alot too. I was wondering if this could be a tire balance problem or something else could be causing this. Maybe the driveshaft? :huh: Any Ideas??

Adam

Probably just the harmonics since it only occurs at a certain speed. M/T and A/T tires with an aggressive tread will do that. Check the balance and make sure none of them are out-of-round or have wobbly tread from a crooked or broken belt, but chances are that's just how they are. Rotating might help.

The A/T's I put on my Ranger would shake and make all kind of noise right between 15 and 20 mph.

The REVO's on my Trac are not so bad but they've gotten noiser as they wear down.