Vibrations in Dash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Have any of you noticed a vibration sound coming from the speedo/tach area? I only notice it when I am coasting, once I gas it the sound goes away. Nothing major, just kind of annoying :(

Look under the hood and see if a wire or hose is rubbing the fire wall....

Could be something under the dash, like an aftermarket alarm, remote start or Lojack ???

Todd Z

i have something similar, but I can feel a very slight vibration on the gas peddle. the performance of the vehicle is not affected in any way, but it is annoying.

I have had a very similar issue on my ST for the past 6 months or so. I have been looking tirelessly to find it. I accidentally happened upon it last week. I was driving with the cruise control set, and I heard the vibration/rattle from the dash area. I put my foot on the accelerator, and it stopped! The vibration in the dash was coming from the accelerator pedal, and I don't know why. I have not had time to check it out yet, but I am glad I found where it was coming from.

Just an idea for you to check, maybe its the same thing!

Brett

I have had a very similar issue on my ST for the past 6 months or so. I have been looking tirelessly to find it. I accidentally happened upon it last week. I was driving with the cruise control set, and I heard the vibration/rattle from the dash area. I put my foot on the accelerator, and it stopped! The vibration in the dash was coming from the accelerator pedal, and I don't know why. I have not had time to check it out yet, but I am glad I found where it was coming from.

Just an idea for you to check, maybe its the same thing!

Brett

With the earlier Tracs, the cruise cable touched some mounting brackets as it passed under the dash. It was the cause of the vibration. Most simply wire tied it tighter so it could not vibrate and the issue was gone...

Yeah, as coastie said, people used a zip tie to slightly hold the throttle cable to something to stop the vibration..

Todd Z

Where are they putting the zip tie? Is this under the dash or do I need to take the gauges out to get at it?

or is it outside in the engine compartment that I am doing it in?

Whit

Since mine is a manual tranny and don't have cruise, I'm assuming it would be the throttle cable then. Ill play with it tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the input guys.

Latest posts