VIDEO - Output of Single Pioneer Shallow Mount Sub

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hart

Reaction score
IF anybody has any questions on the setup just let me know in a reply.

:banana:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaT7xWcGvVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaT7xWcGvVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dimensions: (in inches)

==========

2.75 Top Depth

6.00 Bottom Depth

14.0 Hieght

31.0 Width

12.5 Port @ 3" Diameter

Made w/ 3/4 MDF

0.61 cu.ft.

Bass is never represented well over the net...it sucks cause I was thinking of getting that sub and want to hear what kind of lows it can hit...

kcsporttrac04...it does real damn nice! Especially inside my cab because of all the sound deadener I put in. But seriously... you HAVE to do a ported box. The difference is like night and day. And for the 10" one... the ported enclosure is only 0.6 cu. ft.

Now I just need to save-up for a lil bit better 6x8's. I don't think I'd recommend these Pioneer TS-A6872R's to anybody. At least anybody who constantly plays with their volume (AMP'd) at 4/5's of Max all the time like me. Not long after amp'ing them... the woofer part of them started to blow/distort badly. Thankfully my HeadUnit allowed me to turn-on a HPF to limit what the lowest frequencies I was allowing to the doors was.

One thing I will definitely say though is that I've really started getting much pickier about the MP3's I keep on my thumb drive now. Since I enjoy bumping with the sub... if the track isn't encoded as cleanly as my ears would like it... it gets harsh to listen to much earlier in the volume range as far as the highs/mids distorting... and distorting in general.

I also find myself spending more quality time using Sound Forge to tweak with compression and/or Limiters/EQ to fix the mix of MP3's I've downloaded that aren't quite "there" yet.

Helps a lot... but nothing beats a good clean original encoding.

And truthfully... regular ol' 128 KBps encodes just don't cut-it for me anymore. I just LOVE it when I happen upon a good 192/256 encode of some bangin' song I like.

I have a 2001 gen 1 ST and i have been through several stereo setups in my ST. I work at an audio shop so product is easy to come by. I currently have a Memphis M-CLass 10 running off of a JL 250/1. My front doors i made mounting rings for Kicker KS 651 components and Polk Momo 5x7 Coaxial Components in the rear, highs are running off of a kicker 350.4 amp. My head unit is the old school Eclipse AVN 7000 flip out with Nav and a HDD. I am changing out the Radio this week or Next to replace it with a DDIN Pioneer AVHP4200Dvd.

I have two ported 8s at 500w rms....they pound. Sound deadener is a must. However, I would rather have a larger sub, 10-12" in a sealed box for listening to anything other than hip-hop.

No no... no problem playing with the seat up. It's up almost all of the time (baby seat).

On the enclosure I fastened a small strip of 3/4" MDF across the top of the woofer to make sure it would push the seat backs away from it. But mostly it's the re-design of the dimensions of my enclosure that makes it fit without contact.

CURRENTLY: As an experiment, I bought a Hifonics BRUTUS 12" DVC 4 Ohm 600 W RMS driver and made a 1.75 cu. ft. Ported enclosure and have it sitting on back seat right behind the driver seat on the "40" side of the 60/40 split-bench.

I'm liking the lows this sub hits. Doesn't liek the high bass notes though. I'm sure the shallow-mount has a broader frequency response though. I just need to fiddle with the LPF on the amp to cut-off the freqs this new driver can't use.

:grin: Now I'm toying with the Idea of getting a bigger amp that can maybe power BOTH of these boxes simultaneously. I figure that would be Caption Insane-O!:banana:

Latest posts