Want ST to sound like TRUCK, what do I need?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wanted this and got a flowmaster 40 delta series single 2.5" in and dual 2" out ran out the back. Eliminated last cat as well, sounds nice and mean but not over-whelming.

What kind of truck? Any number of mufflers, Flomaster, Magnaflow, some dual tips. Should run no more than $300 or so. Check in my library for clips of my exhaust.

I have flowmaster 40 Delta series like Brandon does and it has a nice sound to it. People have asked me if it has a V8 in it before.

If you want loud, for cheap...replace the muffler with a pipe and leave the round resonater after the muffler...the resonator will keep it from sounding raspy...

Guys, I want to have my 2001 ST sound like a truck, you know. What would I need? JD

A 351 w/flowmaster dual exhaust :) Better yet, a powerstroke w/banks power pack.:D

I have a Flowmaster Deltaflow 50 and really like it. Nice quiet rumble at idle, not to loud at highway speeds.

Never going to get the sound of a v8, but most get good results with several brands on here... the flowmaster DF40, DF50, Gibson, Magnaflow..... just do a search. One person even had audio clips of different ones from a meet, but not sure who and if they still have them up.

The mufflerman originally put on a FM 40 on mine instead of the DF40 that I wanted (wasn't in stock) and it sounded great....untill I hit about 2500 rpms, then the noise was to much inside the cab, especially under load. Took it back, he changed it to a DF50 (DF40 still not in stock) and I have been happy ever since.