Wanting to replace Factory Pioneer Stereo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Felder

Reaction score
I'm pondering a new stereo deck for the Sport Trac. Want the iPod connectivity. What advice or anything can you offer. I haven't purchased car audio in many years. I know that I want to be able to connect the iPod and I was told if I want to use the factory sub woofer I currently have I'll have to pay $100 for an adapter to be able to use it. I also want the detachable face. Don't want to pay too much over $200. I'm in a 2003 Sport Trac XLT Premium 4x2-Estate Green. I have the Pioneer 6 Disc and subwoofer in the back seat.

I have gift cards from Best Buy so that's where I'll probably purchase and have them install it.

Thanks

Jim

How much do you want for the factory sub (which includes amp and enclosure)? If you decide to remove it...

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be my recommendation, I have a thing for Alpine, and it has 3 preamp outputs, so you would be set if you wanted to upgrade at a later time. And it is HD radio, satellite and iPod ready, so thats neat. I don't know anything about the factory sub set up, maybe someone else can help you there.

Walmart has the adapter for aftermarket stereos by Scoshe. I have looked at one that lets you install a Pioneer stereo like it was stock. They also play mp3/wma's and have ipod inputs. If you dont support Walmart i guess you can go spend more at Best Buy though.:p

Well I appreciate all the advice guys. A friend told me about an FM Stereo Modulator that connects to the antenna. I'm getting it installed on Saturday. Total with install $80. Better than paying for a new stereo, install and adapter for subwoofer.

Here is the same thing on ebay. I couldn't find an example on BestBuy.com

Thanks

That is the best choice if you are happy with your factory stereo Jim. As long as it is an in-line FM modulator and not one that requires your stereo to pick up the radio waves from a weak signal.

Latest posts