Warranty Key Fob/Keys

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom G

Reaction score
Does anyone know if our key fobs are covered under warranty. The part where the key ring goes through broke off on mine.

Also have a problem with the plastic part on my keys. It is peeling very badly. Does anyone else have this problem? I saw some a 02 or 01 trac key and it seemed to have a different type of plastic on the key.

As a general rule "Normal Wear and Tear" is is not covered. If your dealer is a good dealer and wants to keep your business they may help you out.

Worth driving there to find out..

I have noticed, they dont have much meat on them. I have wondered the same. the one for our'01 escape has only one ear left. It is out of bumper to bumper warranty.

JMO, maybe covered under bumper to bumper or the 12months.

If not, eBay eBay eBay. You can find fobs for less than $15 (without shipping and handling, of course). The process to program the new fob, as well as the existing fobs, to a new frequency is quite simple. Most sellers include directions with their shipment.

f471db247c7e8c3fda1a3a1b13d8cff3.jpg

you'd think they could make those fobs a lot tougher by simply putting a metal loop where the keyring loop is attached. Everytime I drop my keys, the damned fob lands on that little plastic loop, breaking it.

Latest posts