warranty rental coverage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Roberts

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing Ford's ESP and have a question about rental car coverage. (I have emailed the warranty site directly, but have received no response.) My nearer dealerships do not rent cars; the nearest one that does is sixty miles away. Neither are there any rental car companies within sixty miles. Have any of you used your ESP where there is no rental car access? Did they substitute a loaner instead? The warranty information page specifically says "rental car," and I am wondering if dealerships tend to stand strictly by that terminology, or if they substitute loaners as a matter of course.

All 4 ford plans have rental car. i checked rusty's site and it states the following under each plan.

Rental **: 10 days/up to $28 per day for Ford and Mercury; up to $35 per day for Lincoln. First day rental option available.

Rusty had the best prices when i bought my ESP..

To answer your question: Yes, dealerships tend to stick strictly to the terminology but my recommendation would be to ask the Service Manager at that location how they would handle the situation since there is not a rental car company within sixty miles. Hopefully they would allow a loaner car in place of the rental but you definately want to know that before the situation arrises so there are no surprises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, folks. I suspected that the rental coverage might either be useless to me or might force me to go to a specific dealership much further away. I know I can't purchase the ESP without it, but it helps me to decide if I need to purchase the first-day option.

Interesting. My ESP, purchased through Ford dealer at time of truck purchase did NOT have rental car. Luckily I never needed it and as of last week it's been cancelled. Come on refund.

grump