Warranty Transmission Work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arthur Akard

Reaction score
Ever since I let Ford do that tranny recall on my '04 ST last spring, it has not shifted right. Finally had some time this week to be able to take it to back to Ford so they could take a look at it and maybe verify the computer settings (I also have a tad over 32K on it and figure I had better get it in before the warranty ran out.) Anyway, they keep it for a day and called me the next afternoon telling me it was ready. Went to the Service Window and the nice lady handed me the paper work and said that warranty covered all $738 of the work! I thought what the heck?? Did they replace the tranny? (I know, transmission cost way more). So to make a long story short, they had to replace the Control Assembly (valve body) because the tranny was “half shifting” due to the valve sticking in the bore. New control assembly, new gasket, new filter screen, new fluid (and they added the oil friction stuff) and she shifts just as smooth as silk now. Great service by Rockwall Ford. Dang glad it was still under warranty though!

Good thing you didn't wait another couple of K. Good to hear they treated you right.