warrior shackle demensions?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kerr

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the length of the warrior shackles from end to end and from hole to hole? I am going to make some shackles this weekend. I want to lift the rear end 2".

I am going to use 2"x1/2" mild steel. I shoudn't need to weld in a cross brace for this since I have seen some others without it and they used 3/8".

I would still put something in for a cross brace. It will make sure the springs dont shift from the longer shackles. Why not make them secure....

You want the cross brace in the middle, otherwise you're gonna have alot of unwanted sway in the rear. You want as much reinforcement as you can get with you lift a truck, especially with shackles.:D :banana:

ok, I can go with 1/8" wall 1.5" square tube for the brace or do I need a solid hunk O' steel in there?

I have now read that I need to measure the space between the current shackles and add 2 more inches for every inch of lift I want. Simple enough. I want to lift it about 1.75" so the holes will be stock distance plus 3.5".

Make sure when you weld the cross brace in, it's not in the middle. It has to be alittle torwards to bottom. I'll post some pics so you can see what I mean.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, now I just have to figure out a safe way to look the truck to install these things once I make them. I saw some guy on the other site that did it using a bottle jack to spread the leaf apart but that doesnt seem safe to me. I had a friend who did his with a forklift but I dont have any access to forklifts :angry:

Latest posts