Was going to trade her in

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walter clark

Reaction score
I was seriously considering doing as some others have and trade the ST in for a new F-150 (FX4). I started shopping around with the family plan thing going on and still I was shocked at what it costs for one with comperable options that are in my ST. But still I like them very much and like the new vehichle idea even more......but... I was talking to my 12 year old daughter about it thinking she would get just as excited about it as I am but NO.. She told me that she just loved the ol ST and had hoped that when she turned 16 it would become hers then... Well whats a dad to do so I guess Ill keep it pay it off in two more years then go truck shopping. By then the new ST will be out with the V8 and who knows:rolleyes: . I still dont understand the pricing system used for trucks these days they can become quite expensive or mabe I'm just becomeing cheap these days.

Everything is expensive these days. You might want to reconsider the V8 looking at where gas prices are going. I don't think they will ever come below $2.00 again and have the expectation of being around $3.00 near the end of the year.

I still dont understand the pricing system used for trucks these days they can become quite expensive or mabe I'm just becomeing cheap these days.

Just bought a 2005 Hynudai Elantra Monday. On the sticker includes nice Elanta floors mats that COME WITH THE CAR at $75.00!!! My hubby checked before we left the lot...no floor mats. We asked the sales guy, he said, did the sticker show floor mats? Um, YEAH!! So he had to pull them from another new Elantra. Plus, ordered us a nice Hyundai coffe travel mug. (Nice guy.) But I know totally about the price of options. Just the little stuff like floor mats is a lot.

I just dont understand how they can make a midsize car with manny features and price them in the high teens to low 20's yet It seams not at all uncommon to pay 25 to 35 grand for a pickup. And Im not compareing a korean car to an american either. As for the V8 I guess Im realy wanting a truck that will be able to pull a nice size camper without fealing like Im ripping the guts out of it when we get one in a couple of years. And I realy want 4WD after getting stuck un the boat ramp last month, talk about embarssing. Nothing like getting your ford pulled out by a Toyota:( . Thanks for listing while I vent at Detroit....

Walter,

My 13 year old daughter wants my ST too. She also said I can't get anything with a smaller back seat, because then she won't be able to camp out in the back seat with her laptop, books, gameboy, etc. on our long trips. :rolleyes:

I've looked at all of the F-150s, and it seems the back seats are crowded in all but the Super Crews. Even the SCs seem a bit smaller than the ST backseat, and the seats definitely don't look as comfortable, but they would probably pass the "daughter test". Unfortunately, I've never seen an SC FX4...actually, it's probably GOOD I haven't seen one since those SCs cost $40K+ fully equipped.

Latest posts