Washer Fluid Pump

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted Best

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering how hard it is to replace the washer fluid tank and the pump. I'm a newbie, don't know how to do too much but i'm sure i can save a bunch of money doing it myself.

btw...i got my new Dynomax exhaust system installed on Monday thanks to the suggestions of MySportTrac members. It runs AWESOME...big big difference! I save a lot of money and got a much better exhaust system. This site rocks!

Ted

Here are some yards that have the entire unit...

2003 Windshield Washer Reservoir Ford Explorer Sport SPT TRAC A 030679 $35 Deer Creek Auto Parts USA-OH(Williamsport) E-mail 1-800-257-1548

2004 Windshield Washer Reservoir Ford Explorer Sport Trac W-COOLANT JUG A 4L7496 $25 Gene's Auto Parts-Traverse City USA-MI(Traverse-City) E-mail 1-888-228-9373

2003 Windshield Washer Reservoir Ford Explorer Sport Trac W 617 205288 $20 Shipman Auto Parts, Inc. USA-MN(Brainerd) E-mail 1-800-892-4779

These locations will have it as a complete unit. So it is simply a matter of removing your reservoir and putting in the replacement reservoir.

I have not done one to a Trac yet but as general rule they are all pretty easy. Many have brackets they slip in. I think the Track has a few bolts, nothing hard though.