wat is this?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgie Hidalgo

Reaction score
ok so i changed my oil and spark plugs the other day and i noticed on the left of the engine by the transmission dipstick that theres a hole on like the left side of the engine. it seems like a little intake type thing cause wen i put my finger on it, it sucks my finger in. idk wat it is and idk wat to do with it. i looked around n theres no loose vacuum hoses or nething like that so idk wat to do. i waas thinking about putting a little filter on it so nothign gets in there. neone know wat im talkign about?

How many hoses go to your intake tube and do you still have the stock intake. I see you have an 02 and that looks like the intake breather hose. There should be a hose or one get one of the Zabteck intake breather bypass kits.

George

You can get it from www.zabteck.com, it's Todd Z's website. You will also need the piece of hose that goes into the engine because his kits assume you still have the hose. My 02 had 2 hoses going into the intake (before the zabteck kit) so if you don't have 2 hoses this is definitely the problem. You definitelty want a filter or something on there.

George

Before

20aad30d4958ae6b5b4087456ae7f8ab.jpg

After

b11289092aaccd1f0cbfccee2b748d13.jpg