waterless car wash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did a search and couldnt find any previous information on this topic. Bought my wife a new Honda Pilot yesterday, what an awesome car!!! Anyways, our condo has no means for us to wash cars. I was considering this waterless stuff. Has anyone used it, heard of it, is it any good, which one is best?? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!!!

Ebin

Ebin, I wouldn't use anything like that for fear of rubbing dirt into the clear coat. You really need to rinse that crud off or you will scratch it up badly.

BTW, been to Hawaii twice. My sister used to live there back in the late 60's, on the other side of the Pali highway. Been to Maui too!

Last edited by a moderator:
At a minimum, go through a touchless car wash. It will rinse the dust and salt from the ocean spray off of the vehicle. Follow up with Meguiar's Quik Detail, and your vehicle will look like it just came from the showroom. That is what I do most of the time. :cool:

[Broken External Image]:

Perfect,, thanks very much. I was kind of thinking that stuff might not be a good idea. I cant wait to have a house, and I can wash my trucks in the driveway!!!

thanks guys!

I use Poorboy's waterless wash as a touchup after going through the carwash or using the coin-op. It's good for cleaning up the streaks from water that gets up under the bed rails. I wouldn't use it for washing a dirty truck though because of the potential for scratching the paint.

That Poorboys works wonders! Todd let me use some of it in Dallas at the National meet (THANK YOU!!! :D ) That stuff works wonders for getting off the water spots, and a little goes a long way. BTW, I was meaning to ask, where do you get that stuff? I'd like some for the next meet.

[Broken External Image]: