wax

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob mcarthur

Reaction score
just a couristy what is every ones favorite wax for there truck

personly i like mequries gold and mothers. just a little survey

i use a product called FLASH liquid paste.. easy on easy off.. no swirl marks in BLACK.

High-gloss shine with little effort. May be applied in direct sunlight. Will not cake on finish. Contains carnauba and teflon.

an auto detailer friend of mine gave me a bottle and i was hooked....

troy

I think it depends on color. I swear by Meguiars NXT wax for my Deep Wedgewood Blue. I haven't been able to do a proper waxing on my Trac since last summer, but this is what it looks like as of about a month ago, with year old NXT, 100 miles, and 5 hours after an automatic car wash. In all fairness, I did try Ice at some point, but it didn't get any more shine than it already had with the old NXT, and I was very disappointed in Ice. Ice was just easy to put on, but I find the NXT easier to take off since you can see where it is. Another plus is that a fresh coat of NXT will hide minor scratches and swirls, so you don't need to polish too much.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I have a waxing question too...

I want to paint my truck, but winters coming, and I am going to park it... Im not driving it in the winter, there is just no friggin way... Lol... Anyways I want to shine it up NOW, before I get paint, just for those nice days in the middle of the crap weather... soooooo... I waxed it with some turtle wax liquid stuff that doesnt leave white residue in the small cracks and stuff... Its shinier, but not REALLY shiney... But I want to power polish it... What is a good polisher and polishing wax for it? Also, if I touchup paint the 3-4 small chips on the front, and then polish it, will it blend in even better?

!! Sorry for jacking your thread, but I gotta know ;) hahah...

It is truly awesome. I used it on the hood, then it started to rain, and I never got to do the entire Trac. I've owned the damn set for over a year, and don't have the time, or the place to use it.

I went to my body shop a while back and he was doing a $30000 paint job. He was waxing every part before he was putting it back together. I asked him what he was using. He told me Show Coat finish. He orders it from California. I love this stuff! Recomends to use in direct sunlight!

For the ST (Island Blue), I usually use:

1 application of Mother's Gold Cleaner/Wax liquid, followed by 2 applications of Mother's Gold Pure Carnuba Wax liquid (non-abrasive). I use a random orbital buffer (must know how to use properly) that does not leave any swirl marks.

For my wife's CR-V (Dark Green) and my Subaru WRX (Silver), I usually hand wax with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax paste, followed by Mother's Gold Pure Carnuba Wax liquid if I have enough energy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobleman, I just asked as you said previously you might not ever get to use it cause of time or space....

Big D -- Where you buy the NXT?