WD-40 "Smart Straw" Price Gouging

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Sorry to be "trivial" and chicken sh**. :angry:

I have been using WD-40 since the early seventies. Bought this stuff by the gallon and used it frequently in my F1 Tunnel Boat racing days.

Purchased several new "Smart Straw" cans, at DOUBLE the price of the "low tech" dispenser with the easily replaceable tube. I saved them. LOL

Four of the five cans ran out of propellant before they were HALF EMPTY, or FULL.

Aside from paying more for the ingenious "tube", feel cheated throwing away cans I have paid a "premium" for.

And yes, I shake vigorously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very clever, Mr. Bond, now ur pissin' me off! ;) hee-hee

Paul- Haven't seen the "dumb straw" cans for a while. Maybe I'll start buying gallon containers and sprayers again. Develop my own "Water Displacement" Formula on my "first", not 40th. attempt. LOL.

Thanks Bro.

I find that complaining directly to the mfg., with respect ofcoarse, will usually get you good results. Try sending them an email. Tell them your experience with the product, how dissappointed you are, and how many friends you are telling about the problem, see what happens.

Thanks Jeff and Gavin. I'll take your advice and use the "factory direct" approach or start using another product. Almost like changing "deodorant" I've used all my life. Maybe they will "catch my drift" in San Diego. So retro. :rolleyes:

I'm liking the Jugaloo too!

Lasts longer than any product I've found for my garage doors.

Works better on everything I've used it for.

Not sure about the water displacement aspect though.

Thanks Guys!

I've been using the 3 IN 1 Brand Silicone Spray Lubricant with good results.

An 11 ounce can for well under $5. Funny thing the label says, "Mfd. for the WD-40 Company"

Gheese Gary, only missed by one.:lol:

I have been using some stuff called Corrosion-X. $35 a can. Only find at industrial suppliers. Great stuff.