Weight and ET

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Pajzer

Reaction score
Haven't been here in awhile.......Took my `03 S-T to the drags on Saturday. (Pictures in my library.) I was supprized to find it weighed 4650, with me in it. I'm about 170.

Loaded `03 4X4, 4:10 gears ,auto trans, (OD was off), Heartthrob dual exhaust, K&N intake, Aspen chip..using 93 octaine gas. A/C and EGR disconnected. New spark plugs (fun changing those.) ..Mobile 1 oil. Gutted rear cats..

Best time out of 6 runs was a 16.52, at 81 MPH.

I plan on maybe trying again this week....and removing the tailgate this time, rear top cover, and the extend cage, and my 2 H/T systems tail pipe mufflers . Will try with the OD on for a few passes, but i was turning 6000 rpm at the end with it off...maybe I was a little over my engines power range???

just thought i'd let you know...and maybe I'll see a very slight change...

Though the thing would be closer to 3900 lbs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich,

People don't realize how heavy the ST really is !!!!

Mine was 5300 at the track and 5,000 years earlier before the mods, stereo and grill guards, sway bars ect.....

Good times for that..

Todd Z

I know what you mean, Taylor. Had zero tire spin, and was cutting a whopping .12 light! (never red lighted.) Was leaving all the race Mustangs back for about the first 200 feet , or so.

Going again tomorrow night, Wednesday. Should be running by 6:30 EST. If anyone wants to watch on the tracks live web cam, Google New England Dragway , then open "multimedia", then open "webcast". I'll have a little more gas this time, than the 1/4 tank I used on Sat. I'll try to make more than 6 passes. Rich P.

Best 1/8th from both days was a 10.48, on Saturday.

Wednesday afternoon, spent time building a sealed cold intake box, and removing pass side headlight for air intake, removed mufflers, cleaned throttle plate. Plate was dirty. Found that the EGR valve contains a pipe that protrudes into throttle body, and may decrease air flow slightly?, so cut that pipe off. Removed the rear cage, stock heavy tonnue cover, and tail gate.

Made first pass of 5...no difference...same ET and MPH on the first pass (truck sounds better, and breaks tires WAY more loosly on the street now, so "seat of pants" feels a lot better now.

Then tried ....2nd pass...left over drive on for 1st time, and just before the finishing line, RPM's dropped from 6000 to 4000, so thought that was going to be bad. (found it was my best pass of the night), so was thinking the engine was outside it's powerband at 6000, so tried manualy shifting at 5000 on next pass. That showed no improvment, and ran slower, so tried that again with O/D on, and more with it off. No changes, so then just tried to duplicate the 2nd pass again, and couldn't, and still was then only running the 16.50's at 81 that was running on Sat.

That second pass Wed was a 16.41 at 82, but was never able to go that fast again. Scale was closed Wed, so couldn't weigh. Had fun though. Rich P.

not too bad of an 1/8 mi time. For me, my truck picks up really well right at like 15 mph if you floor it but that 0mph start kills me ha. you have the same problem because of the weight? or is it just me?

Latest posts