Well, it was the 4WD Module

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
Ford just called, it was the 4x4 Module. It took a while to diagnose. I took it in yesterday and at the end of the day, they said my ST was NOT communicating with the diag test machine. I have never heard of that before but, whatever. I'm off to pick it up and pay the $350.00. Thanks for the tips on my previous posts.

Tommy

Hey TodG,

How hard was the module to install and where is it located?? Glad your deal was a good one. No biggie on the timing. It works fine now which means Richmond, Va. will have no more snow this winter. LOL

Scott Simon,

Thanks for the info. I completely agree with you. I was lost on the scan tool, I'm a little miffed that it was there for 2 days when it is really that simple. I got to get a house with a garage where I can work on this stuff. Either that or find a better mechanic right? Thanks for the info.

Tommy

Tommy,

The 4wd module is located behind the passenger side kick panel. The panel pops off, and there are (2) 7mm screws holding it in place. There are (2) wiring harnesses that plug into it.

Last edited by a moderator: