Well, They Said It Wouldn't Happen

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudged Undies

Reaction score
But gas finally made it down to 2.99 this weekend down here in SoFla. Saw it at one, and only one, Chevron in Davie on Sat. Today, saw another on the way to work this morn. Don't know how long it will last or how much more it's coming down(fingers crossed) and though it's not a big relief, if it lasts maybe some other stuff will stabilize. We've been being hit with electricity prices going up as well due to "rising fuel costs."

Though I don't expect prices under $2.00, I'd be satisfied with prices staying around $2.50 for a good long time (wishful thinking I'm sure). Can't wait to see if this is an economy price drop or an election price drop like a few years ago. I guess we'll see in Jan.

I almost wish it hadn't gone down so fast. I was kind of enjoying seeing less huge SUV's and trucks on the road. Stupid people will now keep buying them with the belief that $3 a gallon is cheap.

Don't get too excited....

National average this time LAST year was $2.88. If anything we should be excited that it didn't inflate as much due to the drop in prices.

I paid $2.84 last night in the Akron, OH area and I am sure that was not the lowest price in the area.

TomT, I wouldn't exactly consider the ST as a great choice for fuel mileage, do you? :D

No truck gets good gas mileage but at least I don't take up 2 parking spaces and I'm not embarrassed to be seen in it when gas prices go up. :)

Here in Ohio,,, I have had it below 3.00 for a week now.

Bought it for 2.79 yesterday..

I am sure it is only temporary.. :(

I nearly creamed someone desperate to get gas at $2.959 last night, was parking in the middle of the lane, immediately after a curve, in a 55 zone waiting in line for gas. I paid $2.999 down the road

There was a line there Sat. BigJorgiee. I never understand the price differences in a region.

Kinda surprised no one has chimed in with the reasons behind the big $ drop. I always enjoy reading that stuff.

yea i think it was that chevron. and yea in boca its 3.53-ish. probably still high in boca because every old person is rich here :D . in Davie you know the prices, and in miami lakes its around 3.55-ish also where my moms house is

All because people are driving less, slower, over-inflated their tires and bought hybrids....

B.S. Wall Street's been stuffing it up our rear end on futures up until they were forced to take ownership of half what they bought. Thank the Harvard MBA bunch. Forget the CEO's, the "get rich quick boys at your expense " are the ones.