Well... what is it, or what do you think it is...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Knx

Reaction score
I've been going thru this since I purchased my ST in September '05. Some of the guys at work think it's a very short bed p/u, others claim it's a crew cab Ranger, none think it's a practical work vehicle.

I say it's all the above and then some, so I look at it as an Sport Utility Truck in the truest sense of the term.

How do you view your ST?

D-

SUT all the way. It is in my opinion one of the most versital vehicles I've owned to date. Seats 4 adults comfortably and fits in the garage very well. (with room to walk around with the door down)(and it's a pretty big garage) So what if it doesn't haul a ton of crap at one time. I don't usually haul that much anyway.;)

Oklahoma registers them as a Utility Truck, and the US Government considers them a Compact Pickup (see the NHTSA web site). I don't know any entity, except Ford that considers them an SUV.

My nickname for the SUT concept is a "platypus" (which looks like a cross between a duck and a beaver). Our SUTs (especially the '07 model) look like a cross between an Explorer and an F-150.

I would consider mine a SUT .....I hauled 5 truckloads of bricks this weekend....can't do that with a SUV .....but now I know what it would look like lowered...:D

I prefer Sport Luxury Utility Truck, aka SLUT. :lol:

I had two ext cab Rangers before but my kids keep getting bigger. With the extender the bed is about the same as a short-box Ranger.

First, why does anyone care what anyone else thinks about the Trac? Presumeably you bought it because it was what you wanted; nobody else's opinion matters...period.

Second, show your Trac to any 5 year old boy and ask him if it's a car, and SUV or a pickup. You already know what his answer will be.

The Ford Sport Trac is a crew cab, short bed pickup truck. How in the world can anyone claim it is anything else but that.

Forget about the word "sport" in there too. In the auto world the word is used loosely as an advertizing gimmic. Unless you are talking about a real "sport car", it has no universal meaning.

Well... the 'sport' in it to me means it's compatible to my active lifestyle, not neccessarily just performance capabilties.

Though, some here have achieved great improvements to their STs in that area.

D-

NY insurance companies consider it a suv and not a pick up, so my insurance is a LOT less...

To me it is a 4 door, short bed, light duty, pickup truck..

And I agree with bill, who cares what others think, Most people hate something because they are simply jealous..

Todd Z

I agree, who cares what others think. I was curious as to,

"How do YOU view your ST"

D-

Latest posts