We're going to Key West!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Fazzina

Reaction score
Well it won't be until late October of next year, but my fiance Carole and I have decided to spend our honeymoon in Key West. We are getting married on October 25, 2008 and have been juggling between somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico to spend the week. Check this out and let me know what you all think! :cool:

Mike Fazzina

Make sure it is not the time of year they have that HUGE party in the streets....I don't remember what it is called, but it is like Mart Gras and I thought it was that time of year. Not that it wouldn't be fun for that, but I think almost everything is packed and people everywhere. Congrats & good luck!

I agree, unless your intent is to be with bunch of drinking, noise making, puking drinks,,,, pay attention to your location and the events based on the dates you desire to be there.

It is a fun place either way, just be sure to know what will be happening when you are there....

I have stayed on Whitehead street before, it is an over-all nice place. I am sure you will be fine there as you are not in the rustle bustle of it all..

Enjoy...

Dude! Fantasy Fest (Marti Gras) is there at that time. You are gonna have wall to wall naked people. Might not be good for you to be ooglling the boobies with your new wife around.

Been there - it's a great party BUT - there will be no "quiet time" for you.

Mike,

Fantasy Fest will be from Oct. 17-26 next year, with the insane street parade-the grand finale- on Saturday Oct. 25. Lots of raunchiness, topless women and fun, if thats your sort of thing. The Banyan is nice, I would check out the Heron House as well- its a B&B painstakingly built and maintained by two friends of mine until they sold it in 2005 for $9 million. The week after Fantasy Fest will be much more relaxed. Feel free to email me for any more details you need- I have lived here 8 years and its a fun place!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honeymooners might want a limo- here's my site....of course you get the MYST discount.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had thought about Lasik1 was in KW at the end of November, I would have hired his Limo instead of the taxi's we took all over the place. :D

KW is a great place, we were only there but for a day and a half, but had an awesome time. maybe you can have a belated bachelor party at Rick's ;)

Lasik1,

Thank you for the advice and the hospitality! I will keep you in mind as the time draws nearer. Much appreciated.

Mike Fazzina

P.S. Thank you to everyone else too! I feel really sure that this will be a great honeymoon.

Lasik,

Got your email. Unable to send you a response. We will be in KW on Monday. We are planning on going to grab a bite to eat at El Messon de Pepe right there close to Mallory Square. I got your number. Will call you when we get into KW.

We will be on the Norwegian Majesty.

Tom

Have fun in KW.......never been there myself, but enjoy watching the people at Hogs Breath Saloon :)

If you get a chance to drop in there, let us know what night you will visit and we can watch yall on their webcams.

I got married at the Casa Marina in KW back in 2000 and it was fantastic. There's pretty much no way not to have a good time there, so enjoy.

If you're into snorkeling/diving at all, I recommend driving a bit north to Key Largo and hitting John Pennekamp state park. The diving there is absolutely fantastic, and much of it is in very shallow water. The reef is way offshore, so you'll need a charter or cattle boat to get you out there, but it's well worth it.