What a difference fresh fluids makes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Levin

Reaction score
So 4 weeks ago I did the following:

oil change

tranny flush

tire rotation

yesterday I did:

oil change

front and rear diff fluid change

transfer case change

coolant flush and fill

cleaned air filter

cleaned throttle body

cleaned IAC

adjusted idle

The Trac is running like she's brand new :) I can barely feel the shifts and it's so quiet other then the sucking sound through the air filter. I'm in love with it again (not that I had fallen out of love with it) :wub: It's amazing what changing the fluids can do to a vehicle

I've wanted to take a trip to the OBX, but I am too lazy to do the research on places to stay, etc. I am envious. I think it would be a nice trip. Having to drive up the beach to get to your lodging would be cool.

I'm doing the same fluid changes you are right now, so far got the Tranny and both diffs done. How much did you get back in your front diff? I was only able to get about 1.25 qts in instead of the 1.8 I took out.

Also going to the OBX this september, hopefully there won't be any hurricanes that week:(

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot your window washer fluid. I put some new washer fluid in my Trac the other day and I can't begin to tell you how much better it's running. Getting an extra 3 mpg also!

:rolleyes:

Now Tom, you are stretching just a bit ....

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm gonna change my fluids this weekend,.... I think I'll start with Gentleman Jack, then maybe move into just Jack. Afterall, it's my Wedding Anniversary and if it improves my mpg, how can it hurt?