What are these???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the purpose of these two brackets? I know they have something to do with the rear bumper. I am concerned these are what I am supposed to mount my trailer hitch to. I picked up my Sport Trac from the body shop after being rear ended and when I got home I found these sitting behind the driver seat. I am going to be pissed if these are supposed to be installed and they didn't do it for some reason.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks

My guess would be the mounting brackets. What for? Can't say for sure, but I would check your hitch and make sure they replaced the brackets for it. If not check and see if they match the ones on there and make them replace them also. just my opinion.;)

According to the ford parts book they are the bumper bracket.

1L5Z-17E986-AA BRKT-RR BUMPER BAR RH

1L5Z-17E987-AA BRKT-RR BUMPER BAR LH

Bill B

Last edited by a moderator:
The body shop must have straightened your old ones out..I would want to know why they didnot put the new oes on..

Wait ... If the original brackets were damaged (bent, not scratched), they are compromised, could fail in the next collision or from pulling a trailer, and should be replaced. If they were not damaged, then yes, you do have spares (for sale).

Latest posts