What comes with the RSX?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dindo Perlas

Reaction score
OK... my wifey bought me a set of Rancho RSX in VA and she's bringing it home to me in the Philippines. She ordered from Sam's Offroad at $207 (incl shipping).

She's expecting the set to be delivered on Thursday. So now she's asking how to check it. She's particularly concerned about what comes with the RSX's. But if anyone has other tips on what to check out for, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, buddies!

You should get new lock nuts and rubber bushings (donut shape) for top mounts of the shocks. Reuse the your factory nuts/bolts from the lower mounts.

I just got a set of 4 shipped to me. They come in one shipping box that the 4 individual boxes (one per shock) fit snug within (2x2). The smaller boxes are just big enough for the each shock to fit in. The whole package is rather small...maybe 8"x8" by 2 1/2' (guessing), and rather light (I was surprised).

Everything you need is there. I suspect all the hardware was in each shock box, but since I didn't open them (PepBoys installed mine), I am not sure what that is, other than bolts and nuts and washers.

There should be no need to open the shipping box, other than to see that the inner boxes are Rancho RSX and two sets of two different part #s (one for front, one for rear).

TJR

Dindo, Since I have 2WD, I got the KYB Monomax and like TJR's, each shock came in individual box. The shocks were strapped to prevent them from extending and each came with the boot and plastic tie, plus the nuts and bolts. Will look you up in Pasig when I go home to Imus.(soon);)

Each shock will have the red boot with it and each will have a wire compressing it. DO NOT take off the wire until you have the shock in place! If you do it will extend and you won't be able to get the shock in place with out some help.

Otherwise it is pretty easy to install the shocks. Check the messages on this board there are some step by step and pictures if I remember correctly. I did mine back in Jan 04.

Latest posts