What do i need to know about Spark PLug Wires?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Baltagi

Reaction score
I'm in the market for spark plug wires....What do i need to know about them? lenght. size? what do i search for?

Thanks

Sean

I recmend nothing but Taylor-Vertex wires. Magnacor makes some really nice wires, but they are pricey and hard to find. Taylor makes some of the finest wires out there.

Get a custom kit that is designed for your engine. I do not suggest you buy a universal set and cut them yourself. A small mistake and you will have a misfire and finding it can be rather difficult...unless the ECU will find it for you.

Tom

Aloha Sean,

I changed my stokers to JBA cables from ExplorerXpress plus Denso Iridium plugs and top it off with and oil change( Royal Purple + K&N oil filter). You will notice a Big difference at idle!. From 326 miles on a full tank before, now up to 400 miles on the odometer!

Laterz,

L.S.

They clip on the coil pack and carry the spark at a specific time to each plug... LOL :lol::lol:

Todd Z

Darin,

Tomorrow when we explain that tires are normally black and round, but do come with different variations in size, shape and trimmings...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:lol::lol:

Todd Z

Take the passenger side front tire off....:D

No, I am not kidding!!!! Once you start the swap you will understand..;)

Also, You may want to have a knife handy for the old boots, they seemed to be fused to the plugs on mine.. ouch.....:eek:

Hope this helps,

KatManT