What do you think about this?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Favaloro

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Harvest Gold ST with leather interior with some trim pieces, door handles, and console (the plastic part) that are silver. I think it would look good to replace the silver with black and paint the claddings black.

What about a contrasting shade of beige to tan to light brown, or something along

those lines? Not too bright (silver), not too dark (black)!

Some of the proper color names I have heard are Sandstone, Desert Sand, Azure Gold,

etc... Check out some paint swatches or cards from Home Depot, or a paint store and match them up in the areas you want to contrast. Then, when you find the color(s) you like,

match THEM up to an automotive interior or exterior color to get one to go on your

'Trac!;)

i have the tan (i dont know if ford has different shades) leather as interior and silver which i dont think looks to great. i mean its not bad looking but NOT like WOAH that looks GOOD.

I never did understand why Ford did some accent pieces in silver with the beige interior, but I agree with tracnblack....maybe a contrasting shade of beige, brown or tan would look better. Maybe even something similar to the Harvest Gold.

Being one of those that has painted my cladding black, I would say go for it. Black cladding would match nicely with the Gold IMO. Or you might want to consider color matching the cladding with the Harvest Gold. I've seen that before on the Golds and it looks great also.

I think it would look good to replace the silver with black and paint the claddings black.

I agree...I like the look of the Harvest Gold with black trim. But the ultimate decision is yours.

Just pick a theme and stick with it.:)