What do you think black brush guards on harvest gold with SS tube steps?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Favaloro

Reaction score
I bought my '01 Harvest Gold ST used. It already has installed MAAP SS Tube steps from JCWhitney and they are my only hesitation on getting black brush guards.

[Broken External Image]:

Also does the manik brush guard fit over a bugflector 2?

Black tube steps would look good on it, and I like the look of those steps. Hard decision. I would go chrome to keep with the step bars.

I like the look of the crome steps. But up high like the grille guards, I think black._Ron

Line-X is a spray on protectant similar to Rhino lining. It comes in many colors, and can be used on more than just the bed. I say, if you get a brush guard, it should match the step bars, whether they're both chrome, both powdercoated, or both Line-Xed. Eitherway, they would look mismatched if you didn't.

If you like chrome, get the chrome brush guard and add more chrome (wheels, tie downs, handles, antenna, etc.).

There's so much black already, it's easy to continue with that theme. If you want that, then take off the chrome step bars and get black step bars and brush guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't really like alot of chrome and ive talked to other people off this forum and they dont think that the tube steps and black brush guards would conflict