What is going on with gas prices?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey could be worse... You could live in Ontario, Canada.

We had a Oil Refinery fire at one of the major companies and a Railway strike.

This has lead to in the past week a major hike in gas prices and also because of demand the Company that had the fire has had to close stations the last week because of no supply.

Plus with the strike on the Rail it has made it harder for the other companies to keep up with the demand!

It sucks... Prices were nice and low 3 weeks ago.... Not anymore!

Cheers

Whit

It's getting worse here too, about the middle of January, they were down to $1.88 and now $2.29 is the best. It's gone up about 3 different times just in the past week.

Well one of the things that may have done it is the Valero plant explosion thirty minutes from here. It used to be the Shamrock plant for those that didn't know. The other thing is that weather is warming and it is time for them to start raising prices for this summer._Ron

another link, My x brother in law was near the plant when it went up. They wer checking the railroad signals. He said they ran for two miles to get to their vehicle, because it was so scary._Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the gas prices are going up this year like they always have because Memorial day and Easter are just around the corner. That is when driving and flying are at their peak. More demand means greater prices

Gas has gone up for the same reasons that the stock market goes up and down. Speculators are just guessing that conditions in the middle east warrant a higher price for oil. I have also heard that some of the gas refineries have shut down to begin the switch over to summer gas.

I guess its based on the prediction of an early spring according to that groundhog in Pennsylvania. :wacko:

...Rich

Latest posts