What is Job 1 vs Job 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Byrd

Reaction score
OK guys, I am relatively new to the ST scene. I've owned a couple of Ford Taurus' and have been quite frankly a Chevy guy most of my life. Lately though I think Ford is kickin' the Generals butt. My wife even wants a Mustang.

So I got this awsome Sport Trac Adrenalin and I really like this web site as a quick climb up the learning curve. I'm looking to improve it with an intake, shocks and eventually tires(K&N, Rancho and Michelins).

My question is what is all of the Job 1 vs Job 2 chatter is see on the postings. How do I tell what my truck is? And what does it mean for buying/swapping parts or interchangablity?

Appreciate the help,

Rich

Job 1 is the first model put out, while job 2 is the same model but with upgraded options. (big difference is the power down "backlight" (rear window) on the job 2's.) They did the same thing back in 2001 when they first put out the original ST.;)

Yours is a "job 2". Yours will interchange with any '01 JOB 2 and up to '05. They now will have '07 job 1/2's.

Also, welcome to the site.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info.

My ST has a manufacture date of June 2005. As a Job 2, are you saying certain parts from 01 to 05 Job 1's wouldn't be the same as my 05 Job 2?

Has anyone outlined and posted the differences?

I don't mean to be a pain, but I like to know all of this stuff about my vehicles.

Rich

No. There are no other job 1's other than the '01 job 1 and the new '07 job 1. Everything else is just a "job 2". Certain parts from the "01 job 1" will not work with your '05. The numbers go like this:

'01 job1

'01 job2

'02

'03

'04

'05

'07 job1

'07 job2

When ordering parts for your '05, almost anything from a '03 and up will fit perfect. There where some differences between the '01 job2 - '02 and the models made in '03. My father-in-law has an '02 and the inside door panels are different. Not much else. The engines are the same. Do a serch on "job1 and job2" and you will find alot of differences listed.;)

stonemiser mentioned the differences between the '01 Job 1 and Job 2. My truck has a power rear window. Does anyone know if that means I have a Job 2? TIA

The rear window difference in Jobs is for the '07... the '01s came all with power rear window...

Do a search and you will find a ton of posts regarding differences between 01 job 1s vs 2s

Latest posts