What is the best motor oil for the trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use castrol edge like $28 for a 5qt jug at walmart then i get a k&n filter from advance

change my oil every.... roughly every 3000 miles filter every 6000

A used oil analysis (UOA) is the only way to know for sure. Blackstone Labs, costs $25. Although I have not tried Royal Purple, a lot of people here use it, of the oils I have sent in to be tested from all of my family's cars the lowest wear metals I got came with Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic.

My .02:

Best oil -- Pennzoil Platinum

Best oil for the money -- Motorcraft

That being said, in this Trac I run Mobil 1 0w-30 Advanced Fuel Economy because it needs all the help it can get. UOA's are fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to rebuild engines quite often, so I got to see inside all types. You could always tell a quaker state oil.. it was gummed up with lots of crap inside. I am supprized that anyone uses that stuff.. it is the worse oil in the world.. in my oppinion.

all other oils are acceptable.

Dino oil, change every 3 to5 k

synthic oil change 5 to 10 k...

Rule of thumb, (water is the maker of Sludge) .. if you drive more at first crank,.. change at longer intervals.. shorter miles on first crank.. change more often..

Brian

Latest posts