What is the difference between XLT and FX4

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! I am thinking of buying a 4x4 F150. What are the differences between 4x4 XLT and FX4 apart of ugrade material. F150 does not provide AWD in any models except Hurley- Davison F150. Is that a misprint? With thanks.

I owned an 07 FX4 4X4. Traded it for my Sport Trac. LOVED the truck!!! Only real differance between the FX4 and the 4X4 XLT or otherwise, the FX4 has skid plates, stickers on the bed, performance shocks, and different wheels/rims. For the most part, the FX4 is a package, but should not be a deal breaker over a 4X4. And no F150 is AWD as I understand it. Good luck!

FX4 has a different grill, different wheels, Off-road shocks and skid plates and decals. It has different interior color as standard color (black I think). The dash bezel is much nicer as are the air vent borders. The FX4 ext cab comes with the center automatic instead of the normal one on the column.

That was in 2005 so I'm not sure what the 2009-2010 differences are.

The Harley is the only AWD I think. I had thought that the F150 Limited was also AWD but I don't think so now.