What kind of gains am I going to get

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RYAN TURNER 2

Reaction score
I am thinking about going and getting some goodies today. I am looking into getting headers, cat back exhaust, radom tech y pipe, a chip and also intake. I just put on a camburg lift kit and man is it awesome but with the new 285/75/16 its a bit slower and I was interested in picking up maybe a few mpg's along the way. So any help on what brand and about how many ponies I am picking up would help me. Thanks a bunch

I got a ranger edge 6.0 lift kit from them. It put the front up about 4 inches and also cranked the torsions up a bit and got a total lift of 6 in the front I am putting shackles in the back and maybe some springs later on. No I dont have any dyno test but I was wondering the performance gain would be.

SCTrac'n

What type of dyno results are you hoping to get out of a lift kit??:huh:

Lift and duration is for a cam not a lift kit :wacko:

You will see a substantial gain from most of the mods you mentioned. However, most people here will tell you that the gain from headers is negligible compared to the cost. They're just not worth the expense.

Instead of a chip, consider a flasher from member/sponsor WFOY. He can set it up with several custom programs for your ST. And, by buying your stuff from a site sponsor, you help keep this site free for all of us!:cool:

See the link below for info about the flasher.

Not so steep when he's running a 33" tire. 4.56's would keep the rpm vs. speed close to what it was stock actually. Sounds like it's a 2wd, so gears would really be the most cost-effective performance mod. The taller tires are what's dogging it.