what lift do you have on your trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Sayre

Reaction score
Alright, my truck has been called 'cute' and I can't stand it, coming from a seriously lifted (5 inch lift plus large tires) ranger in my previous life. Please tell me about your 'trac and what lift/tires it has. I really need to do something about my trac I can't stand driving it in stock form. Appearance items mean nothing to me, I want lift and tires! I already know I'm putting in another powertrax locker in the rear axle, just matter of when. Please help me figure out how to best lift it! I'd prefer to do it once, get the wheels/tires once, etc. I'm thinking about 3-4 inches of lift plus tires, so I'm thinking beyond just the torsion twist. Speaking of which, how does the torsion twist ride? I'm thinking body lift of 3, with minor 1 to 1.5 inch twist. Keeps center of gravity down lower, etc.

Who's done it, who's got lift? Thanks!

hey Bob hows it going. i have a Performance accessories 3" body lift along with a 2" TT/SL. to compliment the lift i went with 33" tires. size 285/75/16. love the look. much better and now it looks liek a truck. i also have wheel spacers on the way.

the TT will stiffen the ride. personally i like it better than stock, but thats me, i thought it was a little loose stock. sorry i dont have pics for you rite now but im goign to get some up soon.

*superlift makes a 4" suspension lift for the trac and im sure the members here with it will post*

super lift kit is for a 4X4 only and do not go past 1.5'' on the TT on a 4X4 not good on the front cv joints a 4x2 is ok.their are people here with 3.5'' spindles on 4x2's

I have no lift, but I do have bigger tires. I think you just need to make a few exterior changes like tinting the front side windows, a grill insert, and perhaps a hood scoop to make your truck look more aggressive. Mine might still be considered "cute", but it makes me happy, so that is all that matters, right?

[Broken External Image]:

Yours

[Broken External Image]:

Mine

Heres about 8" lift (around 11" with the new tire height) 2x4 with 3" body lift, 3.5" lift spindles, 1-2" TT, Re-Arched rear leafs with full length AAL, 37" Toyo tires.[Broken External Image]:

That looks awesome Tonka with the yellow!!

Here's mine with 3" PA body lift and 32" ProComp Tires. Ride quality is sweet, but I also swapped the shocks for Rancho's

[Broken External Image]:

Torsion twist and shackles, 265/75-16's. Any higher and I'd need gears plus it might not fit in my garage or in parking garages.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got what you basically want. 3 inch body, 2 inch tt/sl with 33 BFG ats

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

3" body lift, 1.5" TT, 2" shackles, 285/75R16 ProComp Xterrains (33")...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: