what performance mods do you have/recomend?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
wondering about a maf, anyone have one and do you know what if gives you? Ive heard the headers aren't worth the money but they give you 10 and the rwheels and the sound, Im ordering my tuner from wayne in the am but wondering what else I can do. I cant go ypipe or hflow cat because im in california. supercharger just isnt practical not to mention all the problems. what do you all think?

by the way, I already have the tornado, speed stickers and several throttle body spacers!:)

Try synthetic headlight fluid or high-performance muffler bearings. Guaranteed 25-50hp gain from each one!:lol:

Seriously, some here have added a new MAF, but I'm not sure if one's even available anymore.

As for a high-flow cat, this is straight from Random Technology's web site:

This design, which meets Federal EPA and California ARB requirements, enables virtually any vehicle with a properly tuned engine to meet emissions standards with little, if any power loss (compared to an exhaust with no catalytic converter). Please note that aftermarket catalytic converters are legal for installation in California on OBD II vehicles (some 1994 & 1995, and all 1996 and later vehicles).

I'm not up on CA's emmission laws, but if the company claims to meet CA's requirements, then shouldn't you be able to install a high-flow cat? If so, I'm sure you can buy that from WFOY also.

Andy, the only problem is that TO install them in california, you have to PROVE that the oem one failed.:angry: I suppose by having an inspector vouch for that. outside taking a drill to it, not sure how to get that done! Its kind of iffy, I have thought of goin for it though, cat and y-pipe, I just dont know if I want to rip it apart every two years. I emailed wayne about if his california customers (i know he has a few) have passed with them but he didnt get back to me (on that issue) so its kind of a coin flip.

I'm in So. Cal, I just put a cat back system and MAC intake on my '04. I put the exhaust together by buying the cat back Dynomax 2.5" intermediate and tailpipe, and Hooker Aerochamber muffler from Summit Racing. It all went together perfectly. It seems to have more power now, at least from my "seat/butt" dyno.:lol: I like the sound too. If you want part #'s, I can e-mail them to you.

John, I have the new 05 gibson cat back and the volant intake, there is a modest gain, around 10 hp but im looking into the headers and getting a tuner tommorow. What is the exahaust set up you have? is it a universal sys you put together?

Any gain from a larger MAF would be at higher rpm, and at the expense of lower rpm power. It is possible to shave a little bit of plastic off the MAF sensor shield inside the cone, about 3/8" or so, which has the added benefit of being free.

Maf did make a difference for me, But I added it after all the other bolt on were complete..

Did make a difference in sound, MPG, bottom end and top.. I lost some bottom end when i did the exhaust, but the MAF gained it back.....

Worth the money down the line when other mods are complete..

Todd Z[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts